Last modified: April 14, 2020
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
We aim to provide optimal privacy protection with respect to personal information from children and as such we are limiting the collection of personal information from children to the bare minimum required to use the site or application.
WHO WE ARE
Christian Batist BV will be the data controller for your information. The data controller is responsible for the personal information collected and used within the scope of this policy from our sites and applications.
Christian Batist BV
Pieter van Musschenbroekstraat 227
2014 HV Haarlem
Christian Batist BV is registered with the Chamber of Commerce of The Netherlands under number 56266332. Solar Wind Publishing is a trade name of Christian Batist BV.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information, Personal Information and Anonymous Information. We may use Personal and Anonymous Information to create a third type of information, Aggregate Information. We collect:
- Registration information you provide when you visit a website or download an application, such as your email address, username and password;
- Transaction information you provide when you request information from us, contact Support, or purchase a product from us, such as your postal address, telephone number, and payment information;
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices;
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information;
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our sites and applications, such as the content you view, how often you use our services, and your preferences; and
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect information you provide to us when you purchase products, request information from us, register with us, or otherwise interact with us using one or more devices. You may provide information in a variety of ways, including by typing or using voice commands.
We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY CHRISTIAN BATIST BV
Christian Batist BV (the data controller for your information) is responsible for and may use your information for the purposes described in this policy. Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- Provide you with the experiences, products, and services you request, view, engage with, or purchase;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies;
- Personalize content and experiences;
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by using guest survey research and analytics tools; and
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER ENTITIES
We will not share your personal information with a third party except in limited circumstances, including:
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law; and
Christian Batist BV uses Push Notifications. These are notifications on mobile and other devices that are associated with downloaded applications, and which can communicate to the device holder even when the application is not in use. We use Push Notifications only for communication regarding application content expansions, new features and major improvements.
YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
- Correcting, updating, and deleting your registration account;
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and notifications; and
- Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise these controls and choices by contacting Support. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact Support.
DATA SECURITY, INTEGRITY, AND RETENTION
DATA TRANSFERS, STORAGE, AND PROCESSING GLOBALLY
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of guests, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual guest.
Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual guest.
Application means a program or service operated by us (or on our behalf) that may be displayed on various online, mobile, or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to interact directly with our guests.
Children means individuals who we have identified are not of legal age to consent to the collection and processing of their personal information.
Data Controller is the entity that is responsible for the personal information collected and used within the scope of this policy from our sites and applications.
Data processor is a person or entity that processes personal information on behalf of a data controller (or data controllers) and is permitted to perform data processing only as directed by the data controller(s).
IP Address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our sites and applications, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Parents means a parent or legal guardian.
Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, the resulting information also is treated as personal information.